KNOXVILLE — Johnson’s Public Health majors will be hosting a Health and Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Thursday in the Gally Commons, private dining rooms 1 and 2. Students, Faculty and Staff are all encouraged to drop by.
The fair will offer information on health and wellness issues while also supporting Johnson’s Public Heath majors. There will be prizes handed out at the door.
The participating Health and Wellness Providers include:
- Advanced Chiropractic Associates, PLLC
- Brown Chiropractic Clinic
- Foothills Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Center
- Knox County Health Department
- East Tennessee Regional Health Office
- Moyers Nutrition Services, LLC, MS, Registered Dietician, Licensed Dietician-Nutritionist, and Consultant Dietician for East TN and KY
- Humana Go 365
- Royal Wellness
Public Health students will also have tables set up with information on:
- Hand washing
- This is Public Health – Public & Global Community Health
- Use and Abuse of Antibiotics
- Nutrition and Kids
- Stress Managment
- Tobacco Prevention
Cindi Norton, professor and program director for Public Health, is excited for the fair, which gives Public Health students hands on experience in organizing exhibits for health and wellness fairs. Norton teaches a holistic approach to health, encouraging others to look at mind, body and spirit.